CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

good times with my baby boy

so i thought it would be fun to finger paint and bake together with my little man. wrong!

my sister requested an original cayman masterpiece for her birthday. so, i figured today, as i'm baking up a storm for aaron's last care package, i would strap cayman in his highchair, give him some paint and let him go to town. it would seem that most kids would love the excuse to make a mess. not my little man! a few hand prints, a little smearing, and that was it! but, he did make a lovely master piece for auntie necia's birthday!

and then i thought, hmm... let's try baking together. that wasn't a good idea either. what kid doesn't like making a mess! apparently not mine! don't get me wrong. he loves playing in the dirty, loves eating sand and dirty by the handful, but making a mess when he's actually allowed to, nope! but, we tried. and maybe we'll try again some other day.

it's things like finger painting and baking together that i love doing with cayman... and i love sending his master pieces to aaron. however, i hate that aaron hasn't baked a single cookie with cayman (or even snuck into the kitchen to steal one of the cooling rack) or made a mess with him. it's things like this that i hate that aaron is missing out on. grant it, the past 12 months cayman has been doing a lot of growing and developing to get to the point that he can finger paint and bake, and so aaron really hasn't missed much. but still. and so i wear many hats and play many roles as all aaron can do is take an active role from 7,982 miles away. and for that i'm grateful. i would rather him be an active, involved parent from over there then not even take interest. and soon, he'll be in the kitchen making a mess or on the back porch with paint all over his face too.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Hello there! I have become quite the fan of your blog! I'm new to the Army thing and my husband deployed 3 weeks ago, so I really enjoy reading about people who are going through the same thing. It looks like your husband gets to come home soon and that is so exciting! I can't wait until The days start to dwindle down. Anywho, I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Tyler said...

We are at Ft. Drum. I got the schedule of the AFTB classes yesterday and marked my calendar. I'm pretty pumped to take them. I think it will make a world of difference in my Army experience. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has public meltdowns too. It's so embarrassing but I feel it just may be unavoidable. Yuck! Thanks for the quick reply! I will for sure shoot questions your way! How long have you been a lovely Army wife?